TripAdvisor Is Giving Away $1m And They Want You To Choose Who

In case you didn't already know, TripAdvisor is giving away $1m dollars to one of 5 causes based on your votes. The deadline is 9th November.

  • Conservation International
  • Doctors Without Borders
  • National Geographic Society
  • The Nature Conservancy
  • Save the Children
Following on from my recent post Poverty Is Being Lost In A Sea Of Green about brands positioning themselves to be Green, here too, interestingly 3 out of the 5 are environmental, with one addressing third world health, and only one that is focused on alleviating poverty. Personally, while I try and do my bit for the environment because it's a future we must protect, I'll always lean towards focusing on my time on making things better for people as a priority. The pain of poverty and hunger and sickness affects voiceless millions whose need is more immediate. See more about my efforts to do something about this with iVolntr @ http://www.ivolntr.org/.

It's fascinating also to see that although so much branding and media is all about aligning with eco-cool, when faced with a stark choice between immediate human pain and environmental issues, most of us will go with empathy. Doctors Without Borders and Save The Children are way ahead. I think they are both fantastic, but I've gone with Save The Children, partly because I've always supported them, and partly because someone took the time to connect with me personally by email. Thanks Wendy!

Anyway here's a little widget to support Save The Children. Please vote too.

blog comments powered by Disqus
 

Creative Commons License

The Urban Survival Project is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 2.0 UK: England & Wales License.